areas of expertise
- Leadership & Development
- Risk Management & Assessment Services
- Continuous Improvement & Lean Six Sigma
- Quality and Due Diligence Review
- 24/7 Security Operations Center services (MSSP)
- Candidate for MS in Cybersecurity and Risk Management from Indiana University
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (granted by HQ, US ARMY)
- Graduate Certificate in Business Management from Kelley School of Business
- MA in Information Technology Management from Webster University
- MA in Security Studies from Kansas State University
- MA in Strategic Planning and Theatre Operations from the US Army Command and General Staff College
Aaron West is a highly motivated information security professional with a unique and differentiated problem solving background. This background was built over 21 years of service in the US Army serving in various leadership roles. He commanded a 100-person field artillery unit overseas preparing them for their combat mission to Iraq. After promotion to Major he was placed in charge of the Army’s artillery course for new commanders training hundreds of officers for missions throughout the world. In this assignment he was deeply involved in the intricate planning and preparation necessary to adapt the course for a state of protracted war. Aaron was selected for the Army’s strategic planning and leadership development school preparing him to serve as a senior program manager for the 15,000-person 1st Armored Division in Iraq. He led many security related and process improvement projects working to make the Iraqi military and police services independent. Aaron returned to operational roles leading the 24/7 Emergency Operations Center for a major base in Iraq and upon promotion to Lt. Colonel was selected to serve as Deputy COO for the 1st Armored Division during a time of intense ‘lean six sigma’ as the US prepared to remove all of its forces in Iraq in 2011. Aaron culminated his military career heading up a consulting group assisting over 12,000 reserve and national guard soldiers plan, prepare, and conduct their required training prior to deployment for missions in Europe, Africa, and Asia.
Aaron brought these organized mission critical skills to the private sector in 2015 doing several sales roles (which he views more as solving problems for customers in time sensitive, cost effective ways).